Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Allstate: Your Football is in Good Hands

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention at football games the past few years, or maybe it's the Badder-Meinhof Phenomenon (with new media on your mind, you see it everywhere), but I recently noticed Allstate had placed their logo in the field goal nets at DKR. As someone who has gone to every UT football game for the past 3 years, this seemed like a great play for Allstate; you can't help but think "you're in good hands" as your team kicks the football into the hands of Allstate for the game winning field goal (CC: Texas A&M, 2011 Lone Star Showdown, 27-25). 


When I first noticed the placement I was in awe, but shortly after I realized how long it took me to notice something so obvious. After some research I found that field goal advertising has been around for a few years, although some stadiums are still holding out, such as Michigan Stadium. 

There is no doubt that this tactic has been extremely beneficial for Allstate, and I look forward to other company's advertising ventures on the football field and what they can come up with next.



0 comments:

Post a Comment